Netflix to shoot film about Panamanian archive
Film will show how anonymous source found a journalist of the German newspaper and gave him more than 11.5 million documents about secret offshore companies owned by the well-known people from around the world
The Netflix company is going to shoot a film, which tells about the process of preparation and publication of the Panama archive by the world media. This writes the Deadline.
The source of the future film will be a book of the German journalists Frederik and Bastian Obermayer "Panama Papers: Breaking The Story Of How The World's Rich and Powerful Hide Their Money".
The film tells of how an anonymous source found a journalist of the German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung Bastian Obermayer and gave him more than 11.5 million documents about secret offshore companies owned by the well-known people from around the world.
"We are confident that we can make an exciting story that will have as great an impact as the publication of "Panamanian documents " on the front pages of major newspapers," - said in a Netflix statement.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas