Negligence could be reason of explosion at Ukroboronprom facility, - Acting Military Prosecutor
A missile exploded as stuff was unloading the ammunition from the truck in Sumy region, northeastern Ukraine
‘The most likely version of what happened is that the blast was caused by the negligence, reckless disregard of local officials during the hazardous works’, said Olexiy Lyashenko, Acting Military Prosecutor of Sumy region. The official gave interview to 112 Ukraine TV channel.
According to him, the experts will today examine the accident site and make conclusions of the reason of the unsanctioned explosion of the missile.
‘As much as I know, the wounded are now in stable condition’, Lyashenko said.
As 112 International reported, the blast took place at the Chemicals Research and Development Institute in Krolevets district, Sumy region. The entity is part of Ukroboronprom, Ukraine’s largest defense enterprise. The blast took place at about 4.30 p.m. Thursday, while the staff was unloading ammunition that was supposed to be disposed of. The authority reports that three people got killed, two more received injuries.
The military prosecutor’s office sent a commission to investigate the incident.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars