Mourning meeting took place in Mariupol
Residents of the city honored memory of law enforcers who perished two years ago
The locals paid tribute to six servicemen of the police and the military; they died on May 9, 2014, while defending the building of the city police department. A correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel said this during the live broadcast from Mariupol.
Fighters of the National Guard and relatives of the deceased servicemen were present. Head of the Chief Department of the National Police Vyacheslav Abroskin delivered a speech on the occasion. Participants in the meeting laid flowers to the memorial plate that was set up at the city police department in May 2015.
Six policemen and troopers of the Armed Forces were killed on May 9, 2014, when militants of the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic stormed the building of the city police department.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case