Moscow insists on Donbas integration in Ukraine
Russian Federation noted that integration has to go on an equal footing
The Russian Federation supports the idea that the Donbas region should integrate into Ukraine on equal terms. This was stated by Russian Foreign Ministry European Cooperation Department Director Andrey Kelin, TASS agency reports.
"We call on the Donbas region to integrate into Ukraine on equal terms, so that there was no persecution or genocide of the Russian-speaking population. The people there should get legally, constitutionally comfortable status to pass an amnesty, to get complete, not only military but also a political settlement", he said.
According to Kelin, it will help economic recovery and the creation of favorable conditions for the development of eastern Ukraine.
Kelin stressed that Russia is trying to resolve the crisis in Ukraine and help refugees. However, in his opinion, "the only sure way of dealing with the migration flow is the elimination of the causes of the crisis, rather than its consequences".
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case