More than 942 thousand IDPs moved from Donbas and Crimea
Almoust 160 thousand Ukrainian children have been internally displaced
942 thousand 824 Ukrainian IDPs were resettled from the temporarily occupied territory (Crimea) and areas of the anti-terrorist operation (Donbas), according to the latest statement of State Statistics Service press office.
Specifically, from Donetsk and Luhansk regions came 921 thousand 947 people, and 20 thousand 877 people were from Crimea and Sevastopol. Among this number, 159 thousand 769 children are IDPs and 462 thousand 836 are disabled and elderly.
As noted in the statement, most of those IDPs are located in Luhansk region (217 thousand 966 people), Kharkiv (188 thousand 936 people), Donetsk (112 thousand 260 people), Dnipropetrovsk (84 thousand 432 people), Zaporizhia (65 thousand 395 people ), Kyiv (43 thousand 858 persons,) and Kyiv regions (39 thousand 47 people).
The least amount of IDPs reside in Ternopil region (2 thousand 692 people), Chernivtsi (2 thousand 697 people), Ivano-Frankivsk (3 thousand 592 people), Rivne (3 thousand 498 people), Zakarpattia (4 thousand 71 person).
Meeting the basic needs of IDPs would be impossible without the international support. With the participation of the IOM and the financial support provided by the United States, Norway, Switzerland, Germany, Canada and the United Nations, more than 23 thousand IDPs received clothing, footwear, medicines and other assistance, as stated in the report of Open Dialogue foundation. United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has transferred about USD 240,000 within the framework of technical assistance to the Ukrainian government. Also, more than USD 500,000 has been transferred in order to support non-governmental organisations involved in the provision of assistance to refugees. Approximately, USD 2.5 million has been provided for targeted assistance to the most vulnerable categories of IDPs (single parents, large families, families unable to work and families with special needs).
The U.S. have budgeted for the allocation of $18 million to International organisations that provide assistance to displaced persons in Ukraine. Germany’s Federal Government supported IDPs in amount of 18 mln EUR. Denmark’s total aid for IDPs in Ukraine amounted to $3 mln.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case