Moment of silence for fallen paratroopers near Zaporizhya
Activists, comrades in arms paid tribute to Ukrainian paratroopers killed during Donbas conflict
On August 2, Kushugum cemetery near Zaporizhya, southeastern Ukraine, hosted a little improvised ceremony, as people came to honor the memory of the warriors of Ukraine’s Highly Mobile Airborne Forces (RFE\RL).
As is known, on August 2, Ukraine marks the Paratrooper's Day.
Servicemen of paratrooper brigades laid flowers to the memorial cross and the graves and held the moment of silence. ‘We decided to come see our boys, who were less lucky than us. It’s been second year in a row that we’ve being doing this. We just meet here – no loud celebrations or something like that’, said Vyacheslav Zaitsev, one of the action’s organizers.
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Poltorak: 173 Ukrainian servicemen killed in Donbas since early 2016 6 October, 21:43
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars