Military parade in Kyiv: Poroshenko holds speech
President turns to the nation on the occasion of Independence Day
The Head of the Ukrainian state is now delivering a speech to the fellow Ukrainians. He referred to tough challenges that befell the state and the nation in these 25 years.
He bowed head to those who currently protect Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity - especially those perished during the Donbas conflict. 'We won't forget - and we won't forgive!', the President said before announcing the moment of silence.
The President stressed that the key guarantee of Ukraine's state intergity and sovereignty is its army, which is 'much more important than the Budapest memorandum'.
Poroshenko thanked fellow Ukrainian citizens for constant and powerful support of the army.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case