Menorah at Babyn Yar in Kyiv desecrated by anti-Semitic vandals
It was poured with a inflammatory liquid and set on fire
"Anti-Semitic vandals have desecrated the Menorah at Babyn Yar, the site where at the end of September 1941 the Nazis murdered over 33 thousand Jews. This latest of six vandal attacks on the Menorah was carried out between 2 and 3 a.m. on Sunday night, the eve of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year," according to the Kharkiv Human Rights Protections Group statement.
The unknown put tyres around the Menorah, poured an inflammatory liquid over them and set them alight. The flames were noticed and put out by the guard watching over the Ukrainian Orthodox Church nearby.
The Euro-Asian Jewish Congress stated that August 27 the Memorial to the Victims of the Holocaust in Melitopol (Zaporizhya oblast) was desacred with the same method. It was the second of two acts of vandalism during the summer, much more serious than the first one. September 6, as well as twice in January and in June a swastika appeared on one of the memorial stones near Menorah. At the beginning of July, the vandals sprayed the Memorial with unknown liquid.
The Monitoring Group on the Rights of National Minorities reported an increase in racially motivated vandalism in 2014, and it seems unlikely that the statistics will improve this year.
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars