Memorial to the victims of Holodomor was opened in Washington, DC
The ceremony was attended by Ukrainian First Lady Marina Poroshenko
In Washington, memorial to the victims of Holodomor was solemnly opened, the ceremony was attended by Marina Poroshenko, Ukrainian First Lady.
"Ukrainians from across America came to witness the historic event - opening of the Memorial to the victims of Holodomor. More than 5 thousand people from around the world arrived in Washington to commemorate the victims of Holodomor", announced Ukrainian Embassy in the United States.
The monument is located in Washington, DC, between Massachusetts Avenue and North Capitol Street.
On October 13, 2006, the US Congress passed the act "On permission for the Government of Ukraine to establish on federal land of District of Columbia the memorial to the victims of Holodomor in Ukraine in 1932-1933."
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case