Maryna Poroshenko meets with Michelle Obama
Maryna Poroshenko and Michelle Obama discussed projects they are now engaged in
The first lady of Ukraine Maryna Poroshenko attended an official reception on behalf of the US first lady Michelle Obama. President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko reported this on Facebook.
According to him, during the meeting they discussed the projects they are currently involved in.
"Their activity as mothers is similar: Michelle focuses on education of adolescent girls, Marina helps in obtaining the education and socialization of children with disabilities. I am confident that female solidarity is a super-powerful driving force", wrote the Head of State.
Recall that yesterday the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko held talks with US President Barack Obama. Poroshenko discussed with Obama the implementation of the Minsk agreements
Petro Poroshenko arrived on the 71st UN General Assembly on September 19. He already met with Ukrainian community in New York, and also paid a visit to Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Ukraine's President held a meeting with his Turkish counter part Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who expressed the support for Ukraine in the issue of the resumption of sovereignty and territorial integrity.
The 71st UN General Assembly session started in New York on Monday. Chairman of the General Assembly noted that the session should be to bring the organization to the implementation of 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations projects to 2030. The annual general debate will begin on September 20 and will last until September 26.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars