Major of Ukraine’s Air Force sentenced to 12 years of prison for state treason
Serviceman tried to flee to Russia on plane
The court of Starokostyantyniv disctrict, Khmelnytsky region, central Ukraine, sentenced major of Ukraine’s Air Force to imprisonment. He is charged with state treason and an attempt to escape to Russia on a reconnaissance plane. Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office reported this on Friday.
The pilot passed enemy information about his flight schedule. As he was in the air, he declined from the planned flight path, ignored the ground control center’s warnings and attempted to set contact with the unknown persons. He headed to the state border with Russia but had to land on an airfield in Ukraine.
The court considered all circumstances of the case and found the perpetrator guilty of state treason. He was stripped of his military rank and sentenced to 12 years in jail.
Ukrainians support Sushchenko near Russian Embassy in Kyiv 6 October, 15:40
Bezsmertny: Sushchenko’s arrest in Russia not coincidental 5 October, 09:15
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars