Lviv Jam Factory to be transformed into a cultural center
The new center will unite the urbanist researchers of Central and Eastern Europe
Austrian historian Harald Binder, founder of the Center for Urban History of Eastern and Central Europe, plans to turn Lviv Jam Factory into the cultural center, informs zaxid.net with reference to TV Channel 24.
"Center for Urban History has existed for 10 years. For me it's time for a new project, so I bought the Jam Factory. There we will create a cultural complex - theater, art workshops, and music ground. I think this is good for the city and its residents, who associate this place with industry, but it has the potential to become a cultural center", said Harald Binder.
Center for Urban History of Eastern and Central Europe is the public organization founded in 2004. The institution promotes scientific and cultural exchange from historic, sociologic, architecture, cultural perspectives.
The Center has already held Week of Contemporary Art, Fashion Week, film screenings in the Fest of Neighbors and so on. In September 2014, it held a master class, where Ukrainian and Belarusian urbanists achieved consensus with ideas how to revive the Jam Factory.
Jam Factory is the unique architectural structure of the city, earlier it was the factory of alcohol beverages, built in the early twentieth century. In Soviet times a winery was located there trust, which brought tanks of wine for bottling from Algeria and Moldova. In 1970, the company was reorientated into processing vegetables and fruits.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain