Lviv is buried in garbage - Photos
Inhabitants complain on failure to dispose garbage in some districts of the city
The situation with garbage in Lviv, Western Ukraine, is deteriorating with each passing day. After the fire at the Gribovich landfill, Lviv authorities were trying to export of rubbish to Kyiv, Chernivtsi, Mykolaiv, Dnepr. As a result, the inhabitants of these cities were against the Lviv wastes and organized mass protests.
"The problem with the garbage disposal in Lviv is the hardest in Ukraine - three carriers fail to dispose it. Lviv mayor spoke with the Prime Minister of Ukraine on this issue. The problem with garbage disposal has a political dimension as well - almost all landfills are blocked... Now the garbage is taken out to two firing grounds in Lviv region," - said the deputy head of the city Commission on technogenic and ecological safety and emergencies Iryna Marunyak.
Lviv residents complain on failure of city authorities to dispose garbage in some districts. Garbage bins in residential areas are overfull. The biggest dumps are spotted in Syhiv, Shevchenko and Frankivsk districts, where the garbage hadn't been taken out since September 8.
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels