Lviv bade farewell to killed in Donbas Ukrainian opera singer Vasyl Slipak
The last journey of the Ukrainian hero was accopanied by songs of choir, people clapped and knelt down
More than a thousand people gathered in Lviv, in the Garrison Church of St. Peter and Paul to bid farewell to opera singer Vasyl Slipak who was killed in Donbas.
"After the divine service, when Vasyl's coffin was carried into the street, people clapped and knelt down. From the crowd also were heard cries "Glory to Ukraine!" and "Heroes do not die". by songs of choir "Dudaryk". Vasyl was the disciple of it", - the report says.
Vasyl Slipak died yesterday in Donetsk region. He lived 9 years in France and was a singer in Paris' Opera de la Bastille. Slipak left French opera to join the ranks of the Ukrainian army. He was only 42 years old.
Watch the video:
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain