Lutsenko, reports on the results of the investigation of the Russian aggression against Ukraine
Lutsenko reports in the parliamentary committee on the facts causing Ilovaisk tragedy of 2014
Prosecutor General of Ukraine Yuriy Lutsenko reports on the investigation of the criminal proceedings on the fact of starting and conducting aggressive war by the Russian Federation leadership and Armed Forces against Ukraine. The meeting was braodcasted by 112 Ukraine TV Channel.
Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko names military leadership mistakes, selling of military equipment from 2005 to 2014, desertion and direct aggression of the Russian Federation troops among the main causes of Ilovaisk tragedy of 2014, killing hundreds of Ukrainian troops.
"Mistakes by ATO management and Ukrainian General Staff during the planning and conducting military operations - this is also the fact proved by the expertise. Every single episode of these mistakes will get their legal assessment of the leadership of the military operation by Ukrainian General Staff, Ministry of Defence and its predecessors", - Lutsenko said.
Also unauthorized leaving the place of service and military desertion are among the reasons, that caused the tragedy.
"The other factor is numerous cases of unauthorized leave of the places of military service, desertion and failure to comply with orders... Yes, there were deserters, and those who were not following orders and that should be also taken int account," - said Prosecutor General
Another reason for the tragedy in Ilovaisk is selling of military equipment and taking the secret documents on the existing arms in the Ukrainian army out by the former leadership of the Ministry of Defense.
"General Prosecutor's Office has opened and is investigating a number of criminal proceedings on the facts of the theft of military equipment of Ukrainian Army and bringing them to a state unfit for action. I can say that we found sensational materials, indicating that former leaders of the Ministry of Defence carried out the entire list of the weapons available from the Ministry of Defense, which is a top secret document, and processed it in order to destroy the fighting capacity of the Ukrainian Army. These facts should be estimated. We plan to do it this year," - Lutsenko said.
The battle for Ilovaisk in Donetsk region of August 2014 became known as one of the key moments in the conflict in eastern Ukraine. During the encirclement in the town of Ilovaisk hundreds of Ukrainian soldiers were ambushed and shelled.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars