Lutsenko proposes to lift ban on casinos in Ukraine
Prosecutor General says prohibition of gambling is similar to prohibition of alcohol in America, which contributed to development of mafia and corruption in government
Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko proposes to lift the ban on casino operations in Ukraine. Interfax-Ukraine reports this.
"Total prohibition of gambling business in Ukraine is similar to prohibition of alcohol in America, which contributed to the development of mafia and corruption in government", said Lutsenko.
According to him, the casino should be allowed in elite institutions, where ordinary Ukrainians do not go.
"It is necessary to allow the official operation of casinos in 5-star hotels and elite institutions, where students and ordinary Ukrainians will never go. This is my personal opinion", said the prosecutor general.
The Prosecutor General said that slot machines such as "one-armed bandit" should be under the strict control of fiscal services: "It is necessary to distinguish between what is socially dangerous and what is not socially dangerous, and allow what is not socially dangerous".
As previously reported, the Ministry of Finance is developing a draft law on the legalization of gambling business in Ukraine.
Recall that the legalization of gambling business in Ukraine has been banned by the law of Ukraine "On the prohibition of gambling business in Ukraine" dated May 25, 2009. However, in recent years, the legalization of gambling business in Ukraine again became a pressing question.
On December 11, 2015 the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has registered in the Verkhovna Rada a draft law on the legalization of gambling developed by the Ministry of Finance. However, already on December 22 the government replaced the bill, registering a modified version. According to the ex-Minister of Finance of Ukraine Natalia Yaresko, the bill aims to provide social and cultural needs of citizens.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas