LPR militants give testimony in Savchenko's case
They give contradictive evidence - Savchenko's lawer
"Today two more witnesses were questioned; the militants, one of them named Zhabarov, and the second is Solyanyk. And this second person, at the time when Nadia Savchenko had been kept in captivity, was the head of the intelligence unit and it is now Deputy Minister of Health of so-called Luhansk People’s Republic. In general testimony of these witnesses does not differ from previous indications, they meet the strict protocol when asked some additional questions; step right or step left means that witnesses get confused," stated Savchenko's lawer Mykola Polozov.
“The witness Solyanyk said that prisoners had been never released, contrary to the testimony of those previous ones given by Plotnytsky, who stated that Savchenko had been released, - he noted. - Then prosecutors read two documents from the case, a decree of the Russian investigation refusing to institute criminal proceedings on charges of kidnapping Nadia Savchenko”.
From the total number of 59 witnesses only 12 of them were questioned, according to Polozov.
Nadiya Savchenko, Ukrainian MP and former Armed Forces servant, is accused of killing two employees of Russian television, who in summer of the past year were near Luhansk without the permission of the Ukrainian authorities. Russian prosecution claims that Savchenko led adjustment of fire during the bombardment by the Ukrainian military. Also, pilot is accused of illegally crossing the Russian border.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case