London promises to sponsor European science after Brexit
Budget will allocate about 4.5 billion pounds per year ($ 5.8 billion) to finance projects in various sectors
The UK government has pledged to provide funding for projects in the sphere of science, as well as agriculture and infrastructure, which operate on European Union funds, even if by then the country will leave the European Union up to 2020.
This was stated by the UK finance minister, Philip Hammond, Interfax reports.
The budget will allocate about 4.5 billion pounds per year ($ 5.8 billion) for these purposes.
The Royal Society has responded positively to this statement, however, it noted that the timing of funding is extended, to avoid uncertainty in a number of long-term research projects.
"We have heard that some scientists do not want to cooperate with British colleagues, because they fear that they would not be able to participate in joint projects before the end of the grant", said the chairman of the society, a biochemist and Nobel Prize winner Venkatraman Ramakrishnan.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels