Locals, Donbas veterans attack construction site in Kyiv
Dozens of people demanded to stop construction works but eventually retreated
The conflict over the construction site in Svyatoshyn district in Kyiv took place in the night of September 7. Several dozens of local activists and veterans of Donbas conflict stormed the site, demanding to stop the works.
The witnesses report that stones were thrown from both sides of the fence that separated the activists from representatives of the house building company. Firecracker explosions were heard, too. In the end, the police detained some 30 activists; some of them were reported to have spray cans.
Semen Semenchenko, MP and former commander of Donbas battalion, was present. While giving commentary to the press, he said that the house building company holds on the site’s territory cars that belong to the locals. Besides, Semenchenko said, the real estate developer promised to build a new kindergarten, and now they build another residential house instead.
Twenty minutes after the clashes began the police and the National Guard special task forces arrived. Some activists reportedly picked a fight with the law enforcers who tried to ease tensions. A fire broke out, but it was extinguished by firemen who reached the site soon.
The video below belongs to activist group C14.
Watch the video:
Later, Semenchenko urged the people to leave the site and go home.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas