Locals block traffic at three checkpoints at Ukraine-Poland border
Assistant Head of State Border Service Oleg Slobodyan reported this on Monday
Local residents from frontier towns in western Ukraine protest against the decision of Polish government to postpone the local border traffic. The decision took force on July 4 and will stay effective till August 4, Oleg Slobodyan posted at Facebook.
‘The restrictions are caused by a number of important events that are to take place in Poland in July. The local residents of Ukraine, who live in the districts adjacent to Poland, now only have the right to cross the border on a regular basis. Poland tightened border control at borders with Germany and the Czech Republic, too. The situation seems quite understandable. But the locals oppose this decision of the Polish authorities. Dozens of Ukrainians blocked checkpoints Grushiv, Rava-Ruska and Sheghyni, at the distance of one kilometer away from the checkpoints,’ Slobodyan posted.
According to him, currently, the situation is quite stable; the National Police employees are now negotiating with the protesters. The official added that no traffic blocking is observed at the rest of Ukraine-Poland border checkpoints.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain