LIGA.net: Expertise proves five ex-Berkut fighters are involved in killings of Euromaidan protesters
They are charged with murdering 48 activists in Kyiv in February 2014
According to representative of Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office Olexiy Donsky, the court finished considering ballistic expertise in cases of five former servicemen of Berkut riot police (currently disbanded). LIGA.net reported that the expertise results proved their involvement of killing 48 activists during the Euromaidan protests in early 2014. Back then, about a hundred protesters were killed in course of violent street clashes in the downtown Ukrainian capital.
‘The latest expertise proved that specific guns with accession code numbers on them belonged to the Berkut fighters, and they used the guns to wound and kill protesters. The expertise proved that the people were shot from the specific machineguns fired by specific Berkut employees,’ Donsky told the press.
The five suspects are Pavlo Abroskin, Serhiy Zinchenko, Olexandr Marynchenko, Serhiy Tamtura and Oleg Yanishevsky.
IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November 27 October, 15:17
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case