Lawyer of Sentsov appealed to Russian Court to justify his defendant
The appeal to be concidered by the Supreme Court not earlier than October 2015
"I request to fully commute the verdict and justify Oleh Sentsov," said Dmytro Dindze, lawyer of Ukrainian political prisoner, in his interview with Russian Interfax.
According to the lawyer, he pointed to the injustice of the court's decision, particularly, procedural irregularities and inconsistencies of evidence reports, which are listed in the judge's decision. "Also, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the court did not consider my client fully," said Dindze. Appeal might be considered not earlier than October 2015.
Ukraine has already filled the fourth claim to the European Court of Human Rights against the Russian Federation. This is the lawsuit Ukraine v. Russia, and a part of this lawsuit is violation of the right to justice, namely, Oleh Sentsov’s rights.
Ukrainians Oleh Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko have been sentenced to 20 years and 10 years respectively in a Russian prison following their trial in a military court in Rostov-on-Don. The sentence on suspicion of plotting terrorist acts in Crimea was pronounced August 25, 2015. Sentencing in a Russian military court of acclaimed Ukrainian filmmaker Oleh Sentsov and activist Oleksandr Kolchenko provoked a stormy reaction within the international community, which strongly condemned the groundless allegation and Russia's behaviour.
Putin refuses to release Sentsov, calling his question "sensitive" 2 December, 18:13
New pain in the neck: Ukraine held missile tests despite Russian threats 2 December, 11:18
Ukraine successfully finishes military drills in southern Ukraine 2 December, 13:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:23Donbas: Shelling in Mariupol direction
- SOCIETY22:44Fidel Castro’s ashes were buried in Cuba
- UKRAINE TOP 22:03Germany does not recognize Crimea as Russia, - Steinmeier
- UKRAINE TOP 21:25House of People’s Deputy was attacked with rocket launcher in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 20:32Ukrainian Minister of Internal Affairs is in Canada while Kniazhychi shootout is being investigated
- SOCIETY20:01Mayor and two journalists killed in gunfire in Finland
- SOCIETY19:23Gunfires in Finland: Three people killed near Russian border
- UKRAINE TOP 18:49Lutsenko personally controls investigation of five officers’ death
- SOCIETY18:13Kniazhychi residents talk about robberies by men in police uniform, - media
- SOCIETY17:27Main Christmas tree of the country arrived in Kyiv
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine