Lawyer of Sentsov appealed to Russian Court to justify his defendant
The appeal to be concidered by the Supreme Court not earlier than October 2015
"I request to fully commute the verdict and justify Oleh Sentsov," said Dmytro Dindze, lawyer of Ukrainian political prisoner, in his interview with Russian Interfax.
According to the lawyer, he pointed to the injustice of the court's decision, particularly, procedural irregularities and inconsistencies of evidence reports, which are listed in the judge's decision. "Also, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the court did not consider my client fully," said Dindze. Appeal might be considered not earlier than October 2015.
Ukraine has already filled the fourth claim to the European Court of Human Rights against the Russian Federation. This is the lawsuit Ukraine v. Russia, and a part of this lawsuit is violation of the right to justice, namely, Oleh Sentsov’s rights.
Ukrainians Oleh Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko have been sentenced to 20 years and 10 years respectively in a Russian prison following their trial in a military court in Rostov-on-Don. The sentence on suspicion of plotting terrorist acts in Crimea was pronounced August 25, 2015. Sentencing in a Russian military court of acclaimed Ukrainian filmmaker Oleh Sentsov and activist Oleksandr Kolchenko provoked a stormy reaction within the international community, which strongly condemned the groundless allegation and Russia's behaviour.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case