Latvia army declares high alert due to Russia’s military activity
Russian Air Force planes and tank military drills identified near Latvia border
The National Armed Forces of Latvia started active roll-call of the military staff, as well as the strengthening surveillance of the border and air space of the state. The reason for this was the high activity of Russian army in the vicinity of the Baltic States.
Agency Delfi reported this with reference to the Ministry of Defense of Latvia.
It is reported that Russian Air Force planes: tactical bombers Su-27, multipurpose fighters Su-27, as well as military transport An-26 were spotted around Latvia borders during the last two days.
Joint military drills of the 76th and the 98th Airborne Division, with elements of full-fledged combat activities are next to Latvian land border. At the same time the 76th Division was reinforced by tanks for the first time. Under the guise of military drills Russia Baltic Fleet transfers operational-tactical missile complex Iskander from Ust-Luga to the Kaliningrad region.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case