Justice Ministry again demands from Russia to release Sentsov, Kolchenko
Kyiv expects decision from Moscow in the near future
Ukraine’s Justice Ministry sent a repeated request to Russia, demanding to handle over the detained Ukrainian citizens – moviemaker Oleg Sentsov and public activist Olexandr Kolchenko, as their sentences took effect. Minister Pavlo Petrenko said this at a briefing in Kyiv on Thursday. The official stressed that the Russian side is expected to answer in the near future.
Last month, Ukraine sent Russia the request regarding repatriation of Oleg Sentsov, Yuriy Soloshenko, Olexandr Kolchenko and Hennadiy Afanasyev – Ukrainian citizens sentenced to imprisonment in Russia. Next day, Russian Justice Ministry noted that the request will be considered throughout 30 days, according to the Russian law.
As 112 International reported, Sentsov was detained in Crimea on May 11, 2014 by law enforcement in Russia. He was charged with preparation of terrorist acts. On August 25, 2015 a court in Rostov-on-Don sentenced Sentsov to 20 years of imprisonment. Crimean public activist Olexandr Kolchenko, also charged with preparation of terrorist acts, was sentenced to 10 years in jail.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars