Jamala: ‘If Odesa hosted Eurovision 2017, people would feel like fish in barrels’
The Ukrainian singer said she was glad for Kyiv that won the right to host the next year’s song contest
Ukraine’s Eurovision 2016 winner Jamala hailed the result of the competition between the Ukrainian cities for the right to host the next year’s European song contest. As is known, Kyiv will be hosting the event in May 2017.
‘As a matter of fact, Odesa is smaller than Kyiv, so everyone would feel like fish in barrels – it would bee too tight there. Odesa lost to Kyiv due to the difference in the infrastructure level. The airport needs its maintenance finished; there is a big problem with transport. I’m saying this with all my love and respect to Odesa – it’s really beautiful, amazing city’, she said in the interview with Deutsche Welle.
According to her, Kyiv’s huge advantage is two airports and a lot of hotels. However, Jamala says, the city badly needs a modernized concert hall that would meet all the requirements to host the music event of such scale.
Source: Deutsche Welle
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas