Italy’s Navy sailing ship Palinuro commander: visit to Odesa is historic event
Italian Navy sailboat Palinuro school’s visit is important historical event, said Captain 2nd Rank Gabriele Belfiore
First year students of the petty officers school conduct trainings on board of the ship, moored at the Odesa port on Monday, Unian reports.
"The stop at the port of Odesa is an important historical moment for our ship. For the first time in 82 years of existence, it has come to the Black Sea, in your port. Odesa is well known among Italian sailors, all they dream to visit it", Belfiore said at a press conference held on board of the Palinuro.
He stressed that the passage through the Bosporus and Dardanelles is very important for students.
Belfiore thanked Odesa for the warm welcome.
He said that there are 130 crew members, including 33 cadets of the Italian Navy, including 12 girls. During practice on a sailboat girl acted as sailors on a par with men.
After high school, the elders will serve on the ships of the Italian Navy specialists in the field of electrical engineering and computer systems, the nurses, or the Coast Guard.
According to the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Republic of Italy to Ukraine Fabrizio Romano, the Palinuro’s arrival in Ukraine is another step in the consolidation of relations between the two countries.
"Our relations are friendly and warm, in the first place due to the proximity of our cultures", said the ambassador.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain