Interior Ministry to interview Pugachov on September 26-28
Main suspect in murder of two cops in Dnipro city stays in hospital after successful surgery
‘We will conduct all necessary investigative actions, including the interview of the suspect’, said Artem Shevchenko, said Chief of the Communications Department at Ukraine’s Interior Ministry.
The main suspect in the murder of policeman and policewoman in Dnipro never admitted his guilt. He says Pugachov is not his actual last name. The man tried to undergo a surgery using a fake ID, but the doctors reported to the police and he was detained.
Pugachov, the driver of Citroen-Elysee with license plate No. AE7053AA, killed a policeman and wounded his mate in Dnipro in the morning of September 26. The police press service reported about the shooting incident that took place not far from the city’s bus station.
According to the report, the patrol police crew of two servicemen ordered the car driver to stop, as he was violating the traffic code. The driver resisted arrest, then took a gun from the policeman, opened fire, killing the serviceman and fatally wounding his mate, and fled the crime scene. Later, it turned out that the suspect in the crime served with Tornado, the police task force.
Later that day, MP Anton Gerashchenko, the Counselor to Interior Minister, revealed the suspect’s name. ‘Olexandr Pugachov, the native of Torez, Donetsk region, was previously wanted for committing other serious crimes’, Gerashchenko posted at Facebook.
Later on, the police said that there are two suspects in the crime; the name of the second suspect has not been announced yet.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars