Interior Minister’s counselor: Pugachov should get life sentence
There’s more than enough evidence against the murderer of police agents, which confirms his guilt in double homicide, - Anton Gerashchenko
‘I’m absolutely confident that the criminal should get the supreme penalty, which is life sentence, as punishment for the murder of two police agents. There’s no reason for him to stay in human society.’ Anton Gerashchenko, MP from People’s Front party and the Counselor of the Interior Minister, said this in commentary to 112 Ukraine TV channel.
According to him, even though Pugachov denies his guilt, saying it’s not his last name, there are undeniable pieces of evidence against him. ‘Every criminal would state he never committed that crime. There are hard facts, hard evidence – the video footage from surveillance cameras, the footage from the chest camera of the shot policeman. There’s a bullet in his body, fired from the policewoman’s pistol’, the official said.
He added that under such circumstances, the investigation process should take no more than a couple of months.
‘Taking into account that there is more than enough evidence, I guess, it can take maximum several months. Anyway, this man will be held in detention all the time, we’re sure the court will not choose any alternative restrictive measures’, Gerashchenko said.
Murderer of two police employees in Dnipro stable after surgery 26 September, 07:45
Dnipro city shooting: People say farewell to perished cops 26 September, 14:41
Interior Ministry to interview Pugachov on September 26-28 26 September, 12:39
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars