In St. Petersburg detained activist with poster "Stop killing Ilmi Umerov"
He was a participant of the picket in support of the deputy chairman of the Mejlis
One man arrested in St. Petersburg on Saturday during a rally in support of the deputy chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov, reports "Radio Liberty".
It is reported that 10 activists of the St. Petersburg movement "Solidarity" took to the Nevsky Prospekt baners in support of Umerov who was forcibly placed in a psychiatric clinic.
The event was held in harsh conditions, the agents provocateurs from NOD (National Liberation Movement) actively hinder the picket participants. They behaved aggressively, surrounded the activists, in the result that one of the picketers was detained.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars