In Odessa region, mourning is declared because of boat crash
Mourning is dedicated to yesterday crash of "Ivolha" boat, where 12 people drowned
Odesa Regional Administration announced Sunday, October 18, as the day of mourning dedicated to the crash of the ship "Ivolha".
October 17 in Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky district of Odesa region, pleasure boat "Ivolha" turned over with 36 passengers on board. According to the Ministry of Infrastructure, 12 people died in the accident, two still remain missing.
On the night of October 18 the lists of the dead and injured in the wreck were released.
According to the deputy governor Mariya Gaydar, the boat turned over a kilometer from the shore because of the strong storm.
Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Prime Minister of Ukraine, ordered to establish a special commission to investigate the circumstances of the tragedy.
Ministry of Infrastructure has already announced that one of the causes of the accident could be that the ship was overcrowded: according to the documents, the boat could carry 15 people, while at the time of the accident there were 36 passengers on board.
Police opened criminal proceedings under the article "violation of safety rules and operation of railway, water or air transport". The captain of the boat "Ivolha" was detained, announced David Sakvarelidze, Odesa regional prosecutor. According to Saakashvili, the owner of the boat has escaped.
It was reported this morning that in the area of the accident bodies of two people were found by rescuers.
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars