In occupied Crimea reported an increase in tourist traffic
The occupation authorities say that for the first 9 months the number of tourists increased by nearly 24%
The Ministry of resorts and tourism" of occupied Crimea announced the increase of the tourist flow for the past nine and a half months. This writes the "Interfax".
It is reported that the number of tourists visited the occupied peninsula for 9 months increased by almost 24% compared to the same period last year - to 5.02 million people.
"Most tourists from the beginning of the year rested on the southern coast of Crimea - 44%, on the West Coast - 32.5%, on the East - 18.5%, in other regions - 5%", - the ministry said.
Now 258 health resorts, boarding houses and hotels are operating in the Crimea.
In May 2016 the Russian newspaper "Kommersant" reported that Crimea began to lose popularity among Russian tourists. Sellers of airtickets documented a drop in demand of up to 25% on the flights to Simferopol by independent travelers. Also, tour operators expect that in 2017 the growth will stop in the organized tourism. The occupation authorities of Crimea denied this information.
Delegation of Italian deputies arrived in occupied Crimea 14 October, 20:12
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars