In Iraq, suicide bombers attacked a gas compressor station and blew up a tank of oil
At least 5 people were killed, 8 injured
In northern Iraq as a result of militant attacks on the gas compressor station and oil storage facility, at least 5 people were killed. It is reported by Reuters, citing sources of local security forces.
"Four gunmen threw hand grenades, seriously wounding two guards, and then broke into the station. At the station, they shot and killed four people in the control room and installed five explosive devices, which exploded.", - Said a source in law enforcement agencies.
Counterterrorist subdivision conducted a special operation, regained control of the station and dismissed 15 employees, who were hiding in another room; while the attackers managed to escape.
Kharkiv region is still under threat of destabilization 12 October, 08:28
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas