In Cherkassy brawl occured because of red flag in veterans' hands
Activists emotionally argued that there is no place for the red flag at the ceremony
In Cherkassy in the central square the fight occurred because of the red flag, which was brought to the square by the local veterans.
Representatives of the battalion "Azov" and "Svoboda" party demanded to remove the flag, and then tried to do it by themselves. Later the police intervened to the conflict. Activists emotionally argued that there is no place for the red communist flag at the ceremony.
At the same time Deputy Governor Vitaly Koval argued that such a flag in such a variation still have the right to be present at the event.
Deputy Mayor of Cherkassy Igor Kolomiets said that he had earlier the meeting of the executive committee during which he asked not to provoke a conflict and not to carry the red flags on Victory Day, in order not to disgrace them to all Ukraine.
Further conflict development has been avoided because the police persuaded veterans to carry flags into the city council building.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars