In 2015, Ukraine’s population shrunk by 178 thousand people
As of early 2016, the country’s population would be 42.8 million people
On January 1, 2016, Ukraine’s population will be 0.4 percent lower than that as of January 1, 2015 (178 thousand people), says the data provided by the State Statistics Service.
By the agency’s estimates, in 2015, the population of Ukraine numbered 42.8 million people, compared with 42.9 million in 2014.
The data is provided without including the temporarily occupied Crimea and Sevastopol.
According to the UN forecast, by 2030, the population of Ukraine will shrink to 39 million people, if the current trend of population shortage remains in place. According to the 2015 UN demographic report, Ukraine has world’s lowest natural population growth.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars