Holocaust Memorial center to be created at Babi Yar, - Poroshenko
Famous Ukrainian singer Svyatoslav Vakarchuk will become a member of the initiative group of the future Memorial center
The first Holocaust Memorial center will be opened in Babi Yar park in Kyiv. This was stated in the press service of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.
"President Petro Poroshenko, along with community leaders and philanthropists initiated the creation of the first Memorial Holocaust Center on the day of the 75th anniversary of the Babi Yar tragedy. The memorial will be built in Kyiv on the site of mass destruction by the Nazis of Jews, Ukrainians, Roma and other nationalities", the report says.
The signing ceremony of the Declaration on the intention to create a memorial center was held at the National Museum of Taras Shevchenko in Kyiv on Thursday.
Note that the leader of the music band Okean Elzy Svyatoslav Vakarchuk said that he will become a member of the initiative group of the future Memorial center.
"It is an honor for me and a big deal for Ukraine", he wrote on Twitter.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars