Hebrew Year 5776 celebrations in Uman gathered people from 19 countries
Hasidic campers donated $14 thousand for Ukrainian soldiers
Despite the hostilities, which take place in Ukraine, 29 490 Hasidic campers from 19 countries flocked to Uman, Cherkasy region, to share the joy of Rosh Hashana 5776.
State Emergency Service press office reported that more than 400 police officers are to guard the order during the festive time. The police reported that no emergencies or conflicts occured in Uman during the celebrations.
As was reported by UNIAN, the Hasidic campers donated $14 thousand to support Ukrainian army.
"I cordially congratulate you on Rosh Hashana - the Jewish New Year - a holiday for renewal of our souls. Jewish community honors the aspirations of Ukraine, which consistently defends European values, and remains an active participant in social processes, making significant efforts to maintain peace and prosperity of the country," said President Poroshenko.
Each year, there is a major pilgrimage by tens of thousands of Hasidim and others from around the world to the burial site of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov, located on the former site of the Jewish cemetery in a rebuilt synagogue, for Rosh Hashana.
Poroshenko: We are building Ukraine with no place for anti-Semitism 29 September, 12:28
Poroshenko will go to Israel for Peres funeral 29 September, 14:22
Rivlin interrupts visit to Ukraine due to Peres’s death 28 September, 09:02
Poroshenko: Passing of Peres is loss for entire world 30 September, 10:47
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas