Health Ministry: 83 people died of flu in Ukraine
2,6 million people have been or are currently ill
In Ukraine 83 people died of flu, informs Minister of Health of Ukraine Oleksandr Kvitashvili at a briefing.
“As of today 83 lethal cases of the disease have been registered”, - he said.
Minister said that the overall number of sick is currently 2,6 million people.
Kvitashvili advised to address a doctor at first signs of flu.
The Head of Control and Monitoring Center of Health Ministry Lyubov Nekrasova reported that the highest number of lethal cases is recorded in Odessa region – 26 deaths.
She also pointed out that 83 deaths is the registered number from October 1, 2015 till January 18, 2016
Nekrasova added, that all lethal cases were in the risk group: children, pregnant women, those ill of diabetes, asthma, elderly people, medical and social services personnel.
Kvitashvili urged to consider only those numbers provide by the Health Ministry.
Lithuania handed over 2,000 doses of “Tamiflu” to Ukraine, informed Minister of Health of Ukraine.
“Lithuania provided medical support in the amount of 2,300 doses of “Tamiflu” and 27,000 doses of “Relenza”. – he said.
On arrival in Kyiv the drugs will be distributed to regions.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain