Hasidic campers were attacked in Uman on the eve of Rosh Hashana
30 young men carried out an attack on Shabbat
Thirty young men with an athletic appearance attacked the camp of Hasidim. They used a variety of carpentry tools when destroying the fence; they also promised to demolish the whole camp. Hasidim stated that the actions of the aggressors are a provocation, TSN.ua.
The attack took place on Saturday, Shabbat, which entails refraining from work activities, often with great rigor, and engaging in restful activities to honor the day. Young man knocked down the power poles and broke the surveillance cameras. They also promised to come back in three days, when the first pilgrims will arrive in Uman.
Leiser Hirshboym, chairman of the Association of Jewish in Uman, remembers the first Hasidim tents appeared on this place over a decade ago. They had been put for a few days, and then were dismantled. Subsequently, the city government has issued all necessary documents and allowed to deploy a permanent camp. While journalists had a camp tour, the chief of the attackers appeared behind the fence. After noticing the camera, the man tried to escape.
Each year, there is a major pilgrimage by tens of thousands of Hasidim and others from around the world to the burial site of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov, located on the former site of the Jewish cemetery in a rebuilt synagogue, for Rosh Hashana kibbutz.
Last year pilgrimage, organizers were fined $15,000 by the city of Uman for illegally operating a "tent city" to house 2,500 pilgrims.
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels