Hague to see the film of Ukrainian political prisoner Sentsov
The event will be attended by Ambassador of Ukraine to the Netherlands and editor-in-chief of Dutch professional journal Maatschappij & Politiek
"Gámer (2011) is being screened in support of the film's Ukrainian director, Oleh Sentsov, in protest of his incarceration," as write the organizers on their Facebook page. The organithers cite Jean-Paul Sartre: "Man is condemned to be free...".
The film to be presented on September 23 in one of the city's cinemas Filmhuis Den Haag. The event will be attended byspecial guests: the Ambassador of Ukraine to the Netherlands Oleksandr Horin and Ivo Pertijs is the editor-in-chief of Dutch professional journal Maatschappij & Politiek (Society & Politics) and a lecturer on the development of law in Russia and Ukraine.
The Foundation of Ukrainians in the Netherlands an Filmhuis Den Haag with support of the Embassy of Ukraine in the Kingdom of the Netherlands organized the event.
Recalling that Irish director Johnny O'Reilly in a live show on one of the Russian propaganda channels Lifenews supported unlawfully convicted Oleh Sentsov. Iranian filmmaker Mohsen Makhmalbaf dedicated his acceptance of the prestigious Robert Bresson prize to jailed Ukrainain film-maker.
Ukrainian filmmaker Oleh Sentsov was sentenced to 20 years in a high-security penal colony, and Ukrainian left-wing activist Olexander Kolchenko was penalized with 10 years in high-security penal colony. The sentence was pronounced few hours ago by North Caucasus District Military Court in Rostov-on-Don, Russia. Sentsov, who was accused of planning a terrorist attack in the annexed Crimean peninsula, where he was detained one year ago by Russia's security services, had denied all charges and called them insulting.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars