Gunfire near Israeli embassy in Ankara
One man was killed; the attacker was wounded and detained, - Haberturk
‘Shooting took place near the Israeli Embassy in Ankara; the security forces interfered’, Haberturk reports.
A man deceased in the incident.
According to the local media reports, two protesters approached the Embassy. When the guards ordered them to withdraw, the gunfire followed. One of the attackers was shot dead, the other one was wounded upon an attempt to break into the Embassy’s building.
CNN Turk said that the wounded assailant tried to attack one of the guards with a knife. He carried a bag, the contents of which are now examined by the police.
None of the Embassy’s workers were hurt as they all stayed inside the building.
Poroshenko will go to Israel for Peres funeral 29 September, 14:22
Poroshenko: Passing of Peres is loss for entire world 30 September, 10:47
Shimon Peres buried in Jerusalem 30 September, 12:10
Poroshenko: We are building Ukraine with no place for anti-Semitism 29 September, 12:28
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars