Grandpa Lenin painted with the colours of Ukrainian flag
Blue-yellow bust of Lenin appeared in Chelyabinsk, Russia
In the Russian city of Chelyabinsk on the night of September 7-8, the bust of Lenin was painted with the coulours of Ukrainian national flag, 1obl.ru.
A criminal case into this act of vandalism has been opened by the local police.
This is not the first case of such an "Ukrainization" of the head of Lenin. In April this year this notorious bust of Lenin has been alredy painted with blue-yellow paints. Last week, Russian law enforcement officers arrested 26-year-old man, raided his apartment, where they found some evidence - a jacket and gloves with traces of paint. According to the head of the Chelyabinsk center of historical and cultural heritage Dmitriy Semenov, the monument did not suffer significant damage, as a bust is made of high-quality bronze.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain