Germany to assist National Police in Ukraine
Head of the Border Service of Ukraine to come to Germany in the end of September already
Ukraine's Ambassador to Germany Andriy Melnyk went to Potsdam to meet with the President of Bundespolizei (the German Federal Police). They discussed Germany’s help in the development of the national police in Ukraine, as states Ambassador on his Twitter page.
President of Bundespolizei expressed the readiness to help Ukraine in reforming the system of Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs. He also invited Head of the Border Service of Ukraine to come to visit Germany this month.
The new patrol police project is an initiative designed to serve as the public face of the Ukrainian government’s reformist efforts. About 2000 people were selected to do the protective duties in Kyiv. During the trainings 34 candidates were expelled due to different reasons (low achievements, truancy, misconduct or their own will), while all the rest successfully finished up the preparation. Almost one in five policemen is woman. This is more than in USA.
Militsiya, a civilian police in Ukraine, will be liquidated in three month. Ukraine will make these changes step by step for this time. During this phase organizational and legal measures will be held, which are directly aimed at the transformation and the actual liquidation of the existing police and creating in its place a new body.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain