Gas supply in Genichesk fully restored
Two thousand people were cut off from central heating for more than 2 days amidst freezing temperatures
The gas supply in the town of Genichesk (Kherson region, southern Ukraine) has been fully restored, said Deputy Head of Genichesk Regional State Administration Alexei Sishchenko.
“As of Tuesday noon, the gas supply was restored in full extent. Because the gas which comes from Crimea is very moist, there were cases of the freeze-up of distributing points. But in all these cases, the points were returned to normal in half an hour at worst. Emergency teams work hard and there is enough of them to cope with the problem”, Sishchenko said.
In his words, the heating is back in all residential buildings.
Previously, January 2, the pressure decline occurred in the municipal gas pipeline, which cut off two thousand people from central heating. A special commission was created to solve the issue. Three warming centers were set up to prevent further emergencies though the regional state administration noted no one except journalists used these centers.
The scandal of Genichesk gas supply took place after Russian media reported that the town’s mayor Alexandr Tulupov personally turned to Russian President Putin, allegedly asking to stat gas supplies to Ghenichesk due to the freezing temperatures. The media confirmed the gas supplies started to be delivered from Crimea at Tulupov’s request. The official said he never asked Putin about anything.
Ukraine’s largest state-run energy company Naftogaz explained that since the beginning of the Russian occupation of Crimea, Genichesk has been supplied solely from Strelkovoye gas field, located in Kherson region near Arabat Spit, between the Henichesk strait to the north and the north-eastern shores of Crimea to the south. Naftogaz stressed that no Russian gas was or is currently supplied to Genichesk.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars