Friendship of Nations Arch is not going to be dismantled
The monument of Russian and Ukrainian workers will be replaced with a memorial dedicated to veterans of Russian-Ukrainian war.
The Ministry of Culture of Ukraine is considering different options of reconstruction of the composition, but there won’t be the demolition of the arch itself, said Yevhen Nyshchuk’s spokesman Yulia Datsenko.
The memorial to heroes of antiterrorist operation will be placed instead of the monument of Russian and Ukrainian workers, or even extended to “the real Pantheon of Heroes, who defended the sovereignty of Ukraine both now and always”.
The news about the dismantling of the Friendship of Nations Arch provoked a strong reaction among the population of the city, since the composition is one of the main attractions of Kiev.
112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016 27 October, 12:43
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case