French media introduces taboo on publication of names and photos of terrorists
Media stops publishing pictures of attackers not to trigger "posthumous glorification effect"
Le Monde and BFM refused to publish the names and pictures. Le Monde newspaper announced its decision on July 27, saying that it ceases to publish photos of the attackers not to create a "posthumous glorification effect". Earlier edition refused to publish excerpts from ISIS propaganda materials.
BFM TV made a similar decision. The French Europe-1 radio also announced that it will no longer announce the terrorists’ names to "stop them turning into heroes".
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars