Fortune: What You Need to Know About the New iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
It’s finally here
After months of speculation, Apple has finally revealed its next iPhones.
The tech giant unveiled its iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus at its press event in San Francisco on Wednesday. As expected, the iPhone 7 comes with a slightly modified design compared to its predecessor, the iPhone 6s, but offers better performance thanks to more powerful components. The iPhone 7 comes in 32GB, 128, and 256GB storage sizes and has a $649 starting price. The iPhone 7 Plus offers the same amount of storage. Preorders on both devices start on Friday, Sept. 9, and the handset will ship on Sept. 16.
The new iPhone comes with a similar design to the iPhone 6s introduced last year, but comes with an aluminum body designed to deliver a “high-gloss black finish.” In addition, earlier rumors suggesting Apple would ditch the headphone jack were true: Apple installed dual speaker grills on the bottom of the device instead of a headphone jack. In its place, Apple announced new wireless earbuds, called AirPods, that use its W1 wireless chip. The AirPods, which will cost $159 when they debut in late October, can be used both as wireless earbuds for listening to music as well as a microphone to chat on the phone with others.
Read the full article here.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case