Foreign Ministry recommends Ukrainians to stay alert during Olympics and Paralympics in Rio
The authority’s press service released statement with detailed recommendations for fellow Ukrainians who intend to visit Brazil during the period
The recommendations are the following:
Stay alert and careful in public places; avoid moving in such places in late hours, abstain from using municipal public transport;
Refrain from going to distant and unsafe areas of Rio de Janeiro city, as well as Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, where plenty of robberies have been reported lately;
Always have a passport copy present; avoid carrying the original, keep it in a safe place; abstain from carrying large sums of money, credit cards, etc.
In case of emergency, follow instructions of local law enforcers;
Any sort of preventative measures to prevent dangerous virus diseases is highly recommended; in case of any suspicious symptoms, report to the nearest medical facility immediately.
The recommendations are developed, taking into account the high crime rate in Rio and its suburbs, high risk of being infected with dangerous virus diseases such as Zika virus, and the general increase of terrorist threats worldwide.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case