For the first time a private company was allowed to send a spacecraft to the Moon
Such license is issued for the first time ever - previously private companies were not allowed to fly beyond the Earth's orbit
A private company Moon Express licensed by the US Federal Aviation Administration to send its spacecraft to the Moon. Such license is issued for the first time ever - previously private companies were not allowed to fly beyond the Earth's orbit.
Moon Express is about to launch its spacecraft in 2017 on a rocket, which is being developed by the company Rocket Labs.
Moon Express also plans to win the competition announced by Google with the first prize of $ 20 million. The winner should drive its vehicle for at least 500 meters on the surface of the Moon and send a video before the end of 2017.
In the future Moon Express plans to develop infrastructure on the Moon, for the entrepreneurs from Earth are easier to start a business there. In addition, the company plans to extract minerals and to deployment the observatory on the Moon.
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain