Flu epidemic in Ukraine: 10,000 schools and nurseries closed
Situation with flu epidemic in the country remains tense
As of January 25, 10 551 schools and nurseries are closed due to flu epidemic in Ukraine, informs press center of the State Sanitary-Epidemiological Service.
Within 24 hours on January 25, more than 85 thousand requests for medical assistance for flu were registered. About half of the requests – 40,000 – came from children.
“Comparing to the same data within previous 24 hours, the number of requests went up by 81,8%. On Monday an increase in flu cases was registered in Dnipropetrovsk, Kyrovohrad, Mykolaiv, Sumy, Chernivtsi regions and in Kyiv. The number of flu cases is beginning to go down in Volyn, Luhansk, Rivne and Kherson regions.,” – said acting Chair of the State Sanitary-Epidemiological Service, Svyatoslav Protas.
The State Sanitary-Epidemiological Service emphasizes that the situation with flu remains tense and recommends avoiding crowded places and addressing medical institutions in case of first flu symptoms.
On January 26 Health Ministry informed that 83 people died of flu in Ukraine. Health officials forecast intensity of the disease is likely to grow.
Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service 24 October, 18:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case