First Ukraine-made driverless car KrAZ-Spartan successfully tested
Now that tests are completed, the armored vehicle is to be officially presented and supplied to the Ukrainian army
KrAZ-Spartan, the first Ukraine-made driverless armored car successfully underwent tests by the domestic military experts. The project is jointly developed by two Ukrainian defense enterprises.
The main feature of the vehicle is the autopilot device – Pilotdrive; thanks to it, the car can easily navigate on the land surface of various kinds. The vehicle can be controlled from a tablet, a smart glove or an operating station. The effective communication range makes 10 to 50 kilometers.
The Spartan’s main goal is to assist the military in the combat area, minimize risks and save lives of the staff while the servicemen complete different tactical objectives.
The vehicles will be presented at an exhibition in Kyiv on October 11-14.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case